Friday, February 22, 2008

Dave

So, a couple of years ago I came into a triangle of love and betrayal, a maelstrom of passion and...

Ninjas?

Okay look, the gist of it is that when me and Mike were roleplaying there was also this guy named Dave that we hung out on the forums with. Uhm, me being the only girl, things went haywire when both of them decided that they wanted me as a girlfriend. Well, not right off the bat.

We started out on Neopets. Then we shifted to Gaiaonline. That was where things started getting really rough. Dave had made it clear that he wanted to go out with me and I made it clear that it wasn't happening. Mike asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes, causing Dave to sort of blow it. It was a little while before this really manifested itself though.

One day me and Dave were chatting over private messages and things somehow went south. We wound up arguing and things ended with him questioning my virginity, which really sort of bugged me. It's not like I've ever even done anything provocative! So, I blocked him from private messaging me or anything, and that was the end of that.

Now,t here was this other site that all three of us visited called the Aristocracy. Dave had left it before Mike and I did because the board owner couldn't stand him and neither could we. Maybe that's where it really all started. But anyway, I checked back on the Aristocracy months and months later, and guess who PMed me?

Dave. I guess the board owner took pity on him, or he made another account or something.

So he basically asked for forgiveness and I said that I would give it to him. He seems genuinly happy with that and we're chatting casually now, just a pm every month or so... It's eerie.

I wonder why I'm letting him back in my life at all after all the trouble that he caused. Is this the right thing to do, am I making him a better person somehow by forgiving him? Or is this just going to go the same way that it did before? Say it ain't so. Dave was never the best person moral-wise and I have no reason to believe that he's improved. But I should be a good influence... Right? We'll have to see how things turn out.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I remember when you told me part of this story before. I think you are doing the right thing by forgiving him but I'll give you a little warning don't let him get to close are you may have problems again. I almost had a similar problem but with just one boy and not two. The boy asked me if I had a crush on him and lets say I kindof, just for a little bit, didn't talk to him for a while. But I did talk to him and things were better.