Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dancing

So my little sister does ballroom dancing, and every once in awhile there'll be a dance competition on TV in high def and we'll sort of congregate in the livingroom to watch. It's sort of fun when the songs are half decent. I just think the couples that put on crazy costumes and do something particularly unique are insane. They always win because they're different and it's sort of annoying. Wait for it, one of these days everyone will do one of those costume routines and the judges won't know what to do.

I'd be good at ballroom dancing.

But I'd never stick with it. Skills like that or an instrument I've never been good at really clinging to. I've played guitar, violin, piano, I've taken modeling classes, photography classes.... Meh. I suck at perserverence or something I guess.

Tomorrow I've got a load of tests in school. I'm like, "Oh joy." And not quite sure fi I'm going to bother doing them all. That day, I mean, not in general.

And I've reaffirmed the fact that I suck at bowling, it's what we did instead of co-op on Tuesday. Oh well. Everyone laughs at the way I bowl. I just sort of throw the ball down the lane, turn my back, and head over to the table where everyone else is sitting. I don't really care where the ball hits, I'd rather be talking to my friends than breaking my wrist. One of my friends bowls and was trying to give me pointers, saying 'bend down!' and stuff like that. I tried and apparently it wasn't good enough for him, but oh well. So my incompetency at bowling shall remain.

Meh. So life is alright at the moment. Have finally gone through a day without using a kleenex.

And, by the way, I read 'New Moon'. It's the sequal to Twilight. I.... Am of mixed feelings about the book. A vampire romance is a very easy thing to mess up, but I'm increadibly desperate for something that's not all blood and sex. Anne Rice disgusts me and Dracula has sexual undertones no matter how you look at it. Though personally I do adore 'Dracula'. One of the more fun books that I've read. So, yeah, Twilight and New Moon aren't /that/ bad, but I can't help but feel a little bit put off by the fact that it's so much about romance. The action in it is nice and all, I sort of like the Volunti or whoever they are. Edward I would hate because he's more stubborn than I am (He's had more years of practice). I'd like Alice though, she's the sort of person I could just abber on with endlessly. Of course, this doesn't mean much to anyone reading this unless they've also read the books, which is highly doubtful. Both that someone's reading this and the possibility that they've read the books.

I've read a lot of stuff, from the Pendragon series to The Space Trilogy to Terry Prachett to... I don't know, some fairly obscure authors that no one's ever heard of. I sort of have to, since books by Michael Chricton aren't likely to stay on the library shelves for long. They've got about 4 copes of 'Next'.

But yeah, his books have too much sex in them also. I don't need to know that having sex with a gym trainer makes you feel fat, thanks. I just liked Jurassic Park enough that I got into his other books as well, sex aside. Probably not the best sort of thing for a teenaged girl to be reading, but that's not all there is in those books.

Thinking of which, I should REALLY get started on 'Mistborn'. Our library books are already overdue I think. Three weeks goes by fast, eh?

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I wish I loved to read asmuch as yo do I can hardly find a book I am intrested in and when I do it takes me forever to read it. Well I do have two books I am reading know that are pretty good.