Monday, March 24, 2008

Youth Convention

It's about time to put something up here about that. The band was a lot better this year than last, though we only sang like, 3 or 4 songs through the entire thing! Variety is the spice of life...

But yeah, convention was a lot better this year in general than last. NO GHETTO TWINKY THIGNS FOR THE WIN! That was just stupid. Though what they replaced it with wasn't a TON better. The skit was really open ended and cheesey, though I don't even want to think about how much time and effort and money people spent building those little sets.

Oh, and God told me Mike's gonna be a comforter and healer. I'm like, 'For the win!' 'cause I'm supposed to be a warrior. We're gonna have a classic tank/cleric relationship, for those of you who play MMOs.

I am very glad that I didn't stay for the all nighter after convention though. I think it would have totally crashed my entire school week, and that would be a bad thing. To be honest I thought that I probably would enjoy it when we go tback to the church and everything, but eh, common sense overruled me.

So anyway. Convention was good. The speaker was better than last year too, short and to the point and, well, a little bit random. It's all good. I don't like it when the sermons drag on and on.

Which is another reason that I like Youth Convention better than youth camp or whatever, winter retreat and stuff. At youth convention they have two days to make a huge impact on your life so everything's much more exciting. At winter retreat and stuff they can take their time to get to the really insane stuff, even though th ebands are usually better there.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I'm glad you had a great time.