Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Co-op day

So yeah, co-op is the only kid based event that I've ever looked forward to going to after I turned ten. I've got some friends there, I like my classes, yadda yadda yadda. And it was Jake's birthday today. Huzzah! He turned 15. And he hugged me. It was sort of weird but nice.

And we do a dance class, okay? Now, there's this new kid in co-op and he's in the dance class with me, so when we rotated partners and I got with him, he wouldn't stop staring at me. It was totally creepy! Imagine me saying that in a high pitched girly voice. If you can't do it, you get the general idea. Like, eerie creepy. He has these really deep stare at your soul sort of brown eyes. As we switched off partners again he told me I danced better than everyone else, and it kind of stunned me. Thing is, he's like, 14. Very weird.

So that was my day. nothing particularly special. I think I've finally gotten mike back to a normal persn's schedual, maybe kinda sorta. He went t bed at ten tonight, that's better than usual.... I count myself lucky if I can get him to go away by 11. It's sort of funny, when he comes here his schedual is already half switched over... Jake likes Mike.

So the overall scheme of things hasn't been that bad. Co-op is fun. I look forward to it. Voila. And I think I finally discovered the main thing that makes me not like youth group that much!

It's just good clean fun. A place to go and be with other kids where you're not pressured or expected to have sex or do drugs. The sermon takes a back seat to that it seems like, so it's not very spiritually fulfilling, which is what I'm looking for. So there you have it I think.

It's also why I like youth convention so much. Very awesome stuff. :)

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Hey just to let you know Pastor Eric is starting a month of worship. Theres a girl coming this week to lead worship. He said that you don't have to sing the whole time but its a timwe for just you and God. I just thought I'd let you know whats going to happen this week.