Monday, May 12, 2008

Seals do not come from eggs!

So me and Mike were webcamming and he started telling me about this dream he had. Apparently he had been on a beach and he was trying to get to these ten eggs, but by the time he got to them they had hatched...

Into seals.

I burst out, "Mike! Seals don't come from eggs!" And proceeded to subside into a fit of giggles.

Me and Mike were snickering and my mom appeared in the doorway, giving me the sort of raised eyebrow look. She said, "Did I really just hear what I thought I heard? 'Seals don't come from eggs?' I can really tell you got an A in Biology..."

Because of course we had headsets plugged in she wasn't listening to the rest of the conversation and had only gotten the eggs comment. I was laughing so hard that my face was bright red, and my abs HURT by the end of things!

So yes, an absolutely hysterical moment, on only the second time that Mike's been on in a week.

3 comments:

Nicky said...

Don't you love those little things that make you laugh so hard.

Andrew Clarke said...

Hi Jen, I have had a few bizarre dreams too, like when I dreamed that a float plane landed on the sports field at my school; and somehow a float plane can act as if the grassy field is water. Must be a sign of a creative mind(?)
But I wanted to ask: if you like reading authors like Frank Peretti, Robert Jordan, Terry Pratchett, may I suggest another book to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is a Christian fantasy adventure which I wrote. Check www.threeswans.com.au for excerpts and reviews. Or go on line and look up the title.
I would love it if you read that book and enjoyed it, but in any event I greet you in the Lord Jesus and wish you many blessings.

Jen said...

Totally cool, I'm up for anything that's sorta clean fantasy. I really am into the darker stuff but with people like Anne what's-her-face, the vampire lady, it's hard to find anything. :/ So any help on finding fantasy in general is increadibly neat. o_o Thanks!